Five fun facts, I bet you didn't know about Colorado.
1. Denver is the only city to turn down the Olympic bid (1970)
2. Colorado is the birthplace of the Cheeseburger. Humpty Dumpty Drive-In was the first place to serve a cheeseburger. Inventor- Mr. Ballest.
3. Grand Mesa (Grand Junction) is the world's largest Flat-Top mountain with about 500 square miles. It is 40 miles long and has over 300 lakes (many snowmelt ponds).
4. More than 1/3 of the state is owned by the Federal government in the form of State Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and National Park Service lands.
5. Leadville is the highest incorporated city in the U.S. at 10,152 feet elevation.
Courtesy of Denver Channel 7 News.